Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Owl Queen Cards and Weekend with Deanna!!

One Busy Weekend!!

First I went to a Joan Rivers show on Friday night and did not get back until around midnight. She is so funny my Husband and I had a really good time. Then I got up at the crack of dawn to do a class in Seattle area for 16 people!!! Yikes I know. I had to catch the ferry over, then I met up with Deanna and we went to Hobby Lobby and got a few things with our coupons. Then off to the Butterfly class that took 5 hours! Then back to Hobby Lobby to use more coupons!! lol

Deanna and I spent most of Sunday just being lazy until after dinner. We started making some cards with the new stuff we bought at Hobby Lobby.

This is the paper I used for these fun owl cards. Deanna is on her 2nd pack of this paper, when she picked it up she said "Come here my Precious" lol It's "The Paper Studio" paper.

I just cut the little bag out of the paper.

Deanna found this ribbon at JoAnn's, but I found some even better stuff yesterday at Micheal's for 1.99 (on sale this week only) and it was 10 yards. Its a perfect Mellon mambo color same as SU but so much cheaper!!!

You can just see how cute this paper is on this card!

Deanna and I needed some wine after a long day, so we were really laughing hard when I gave the owl a bottle of wine to drink.

This is a fun card, with the black glitter rhinestones and the mini tags made with the Martha Stewart punch.

This is Tricia, she is having a blast making the cards at the Butterfly Stamp Class, this is the second time I have done this class. Deanna and I had a good time hanging with her and friend Jayme Stinehart (she is the one that took the photo). Thanks girls for coming! Can't wait to hang out again!

These are the stamps I found. The "owl" and the "friendship" stamps are from Hobby Lobby and the "Stamp on" and "Priceless" stamps are from the JoAnn's both are in  Lynnwood WA.

The "Nana's Kitchen" paper I found at Hobby Lobby for only 11.99 on clearance. Its DCWV paper.

The "Playtime Past" Graphic 45 paper was also on clearance for only 11.99. I can't wait to make some cards with this stuff. Here is a link to some cards I did with some Graphic 45 School themed paper.

I told a few people that I would show you how I took my photos of my cards. I just use one of the cubes or cubbies that hold a lot of my crafting stuff and put a light above, and it works perfect!

I sit right where my cat Vickie is sitting to take the photos. I got these cubes at Home Depot they are Martha Stewart, I think they were around 35.00 each. They have 9 cubes in each set. I have 2 sets in my Stamp Room.

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin


5 comments:

Jayme said...

You are one BUSY lady! Sounds like you had loads of fun though! I can't wait to send out these cards to my friends and family - thanks again!

Jean Addis said...

Those cute, bright owl cards are terrific. Thanks for sharing your photography tips as well!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing how you take photos. I was tweaking my photo taking skills this week. I like your approach much better. Traci

Terry said...

Wow, such a busy week with a huge class to plan, Joan Rivers, great new stamps and paper to play with. Life is good! I love your cards. They're all so pink and owl-y and adorable.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend and oh my I must get my Hands on that paper. Just catching up miss you my friend. I am off to work on my girly card